Saturday, October 27, 2007

Forward looking portfolio

With recent drop of another stock I'm back to even par. I'm now looking it just selling for loss in several stocks with one goal in mind...I have a few sectors I want my money in.

The first is infrastructure. With the global boom, any play on this will yield great results. For this I'm looking at SGR, FWLT and FLR. These are high quality companies that specialize in infrastructure. The second is high growth. Any company that is growing rapidly will be able to make it through recession. For this I'm thinking along the lines of CRDN, GRMN, and AAPL. I want to buy high dividend paying banks on the way down. 10 shares at a time for every $1 drop in share price. This should be accomplished in the ROTH. Lastly, I want tech. Tech is booming now, best quarter in years and will drive us forward and keep us from recession. Here I like EMC, CY, AMAT. Any short term solar plays are valid.

A mixture of stock and options will be good. I want to stay away from mortgages and stay away from retail. Both are on a downtrend right now. I'll look to revamp this within the next few weeks and will keep you posted on new aquisitions to the portfolio.

No comments: