Tuesday, October 2, 2007

buying GRMN

Since my wedding I have been fairly disconnected from the stock market. I would get on after the market closed since Hawaii is 6 hours behind EST. Therefore, the market is open between 3:30 am and 10 am here. Anyways, I have no clue what's been going on in the market, and all the stocks I was looking to buy on a pull back have accelerated forward. I'm really in a bad position as I do not know what to put my money on...much research must be done once I get back home.

Yesterday I saw GRMN down on news that Nokia was buying Navteq, a key supplier of maps to GRMN. I think many anticipated GRMN to buyout NVT. I bought 20 shares of GRMN today at an average share price of 104. I think GRMN is a good long term investment as they are the leader of the GPS industry, and I don't think this will effect the outcome of this company. I had looked into options on them and they are fairly overpriced.

As I am closing on my house soon, I'm looking to free up more cash for the downpayment. Therefore, I'm looking to get SIRI options and sell the stock, and selling EMC stock as I have one option.

As for trades, I bought back a covered call and lost 140...and I sold OSK stock and OSK options and made about 180. That's it for now...one thing to look at long is JCP options.

No comments: