Monday, October 15, 2007

new positions

By COB today, I have opened up three new positions. Which I will outline below. I am in a revamping transition on my portfolio where I'm looking to offload stocks / options in order to gain liquidity, changing positions to better myself while also freeing up a chunck of change for this house I am buying.

I opened a position in November calls for SNDK. There has been an abnormally high call volume for SNDK november, leading me to believe somebody knows something. Is it a takeover? Or just solid earnings? We find out on thursday...

The second position I opened was of CAT. I bought a FEB call for CAT...I think they will blow numbers away. I feel that international infastructure is extremely bullish now, and CAT will not disappoint with earnings this friday. Again, time will tell. However, I can't see CAT getting much cheaper than this.

Lastly, I bought a JAN 09 call for RAD. This is in my serious revamp of Scottrade account, where I want to sell OSK, sell RAD, sell LVLT all for options. This swap out should give me 2500 for the house...but not instantaneously. It's a slow process.

Tomorrow will be INTC earnings. I'm also looking at trimming a position in my USAA account and getting into some SNDA (they were up a quick 4% today on no news). By tomorrow I will close at least two of my calls of INTC. I expect earnings to be good, but expert analysts say the make or break number for INTC is gross margins, which sunk to a 5 year low of 47% last quarter. This quarter expects 52%, so anything north of this will be green for traders.


Other ways I can free up cash is taking off some GE, some SVNT, and possibly one of my BBY calls. This could give me about 2500 for the house. I'll look to trim these within the next week.

Let the bulls loose.

No comments: