Saturday, October 13, 2007

ACH and ytd gains

I made 190 yesterday off of trading ACHJN, an option of ACH, a Chinese Aluminum producer. I had been sick of sitting on the sidelines and it paid off. My strategy for next week will be to closely follow the options market. I'd like to make a trade on wed and sell on thur, or within the day on both days. I think I can make some quick money on the options for big companies, I'm looking at RIMM, GOOG, BIDU, ACH, CEO and TSL. I'm looking at oct expiring options, and I just want to know premiums during weeks of expiry. If they are decent I may get in and out for a quick gain.

YTD gains....Hard to calculate sort of because I have my Direct Deposit where I trade. However, I figured realized gains to be around 5% and unrealized gains to be about 13.3%. Not that great but better than nothing. I made many stupid trades and have learned from them, and have actually been doing quite well lately (although so has the market in general). I need to be able to make money when the market is falling as well.

No comments: