Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Options report

Alright alright, I know I called this one, but I said last week TSL was too cheap. So I bought a call last monday, of which I've talked about all week. TSL-CI for 7.60 a contract. It closed friday at 11.00 a contract, and this weekend I was told again I should sell it...but I believe TSL is better than FSLR, and is currently at a discount to FSLR now. Today, markets open and TSL is up to near 50. Although I should now sell, I feel I can get 20.00 for this contract. Maybe I am too bullish, but TSL has to reach 65 by MAR 08 for me to get 20.00 a contract out of it. I feel it can be done.

My SVNT calls are now worth more than what I sold them for. Thinking back on it I wish I had sold only one, that way I would still own 100 shares if the stock gains big. Now I'm just looking for time so I can rebuy one of the contracts.

I'm looking long here...but I feel EMC and AMAT have huge upside potential. I'd have to put up 5,000 to own them outright, so I'm looking to buy DITM calls for both, looking at JAN 2010 calls. This would only require about $2000, I'd buy the calls near cost (about a $400 cushion would be paid for time) and would get the most move per dollar invested. This is the BEST way as a VALUE investor to get into long term tech. I'm going to wait for a down day to purchase.

No comments: