Monday, September 17, 2007

Options and Earnings

Well...looks like ADBE was a winner. I called it again, should have bought options in it. Instead, I went with BBY. Abnormally high put to call ratio today made me rethink the options. I sold 3 of the options right before close today, locking in a gain on those of about 18%. I tried to buy 3 puts, that way I would have both directions covered...but I don't have a good feeling about their earnings tomorrow.

My next options purchase will be of RIMM. I'm looking at OCT 07 calls and puts because RIMM reports in two weeks. RIMM definitely is Best of Breed and had a solid quarter last quarter. I'm not sure how much upside is left in RIMM, though. Anyways, I'm looking at 85 and 90 dollar calls, something on the upside.

I also have to dump my OSK calls by OCT, so whenever it gets another big jump I may sell at a loss. However, as of now I'm up $650 on options, so losing the OCT calls isn't a big deal.

No comments: