Wednesday, October 1, 2008

banking on a bailout

Monday was definitely horrendous for me. As I had posted in the morning, I lost 1k with the WB calls. I was unable to sell the C calls for a gain and took a loss when the market took a nosedive.

Effectively, I would have had +8k if I had not sold on friday. Instead I ended up losing 1.3k. I liquidated almost everything that day...sold my GS call, sold my HPQ calls, sold nearly everything and bought RF puts and XOM puts. Retarded...anyways things are getting better. After not making the money with C on monday, I rebought on Tuesday and sold half of them. I sold another 3 today, putting me up 750 on the investment.

I still have 2 C OCT 20 calls, and bought more financials as this bailout decisioin looms. I bought 20 NCC JAN 7.5 calls on bailout hopes and takeover rumors, 2 MS JAN 30 calls and rebought 3 HPQ JAN 50 calls. If this thing gets passed NCC should look good and I expect regional banks to merge and create super regionals...we need someone to take WB spot.

That's all for now, all we can do is pull and pray...haha!

No comments: