Friday, February 1, 2008

sell sgp, pick up some mister softee

Today I dropped SGP calls, ticker SGPCX in an effort to get liquidity for monday. I then proceeded to buy MSFT JUL 35 calls. I believe MSFT's bid for Yahoo! is a goodie, and MSFT has solid growth and will be able to take on the debt quite nicely. A quick look at the balance sheet offers 21 B in cash / investments with currently no debt. I plan on initiating a spread with the JUL 37.5 calls as MSFT moves up.

I also had MON and CRDN calls in my sell block as they hit they neared their sell points. With little economic data out monday and a slew of earnings I felt keeping these positions throughout the weekend wouldn't hurt.

I'm not sure which calls/puts to pursue as I head into next week. This weekend I will need to research earnings in an effort to gauge new investments. Sectors that I see are good for next week are ag and infastructure, retail and banks. I see commodities and oil decreasing a bit as big money switches sectors. I really like FWLT but my order yesterday did not fill.

1 comment:

ashley said...

Hey, I heard a rumor that you have been slacking on this blog. What?? You were taking care of someone for 3 days at home and couldn't write anything?? Tsk Tsk.