Saturday, December 29, 2007

2008...year for good returns

2008 will be a year for good returns. I plan to scale down my investment avenues to a solid 10 stocks...5 in scottrade and 5 in usaa. Each will provide diversification and I am looking for best of breed stocks. The two portfolios will contain both stocks and options, either DITM calls or covered calls. Overextension in 2008 could again lead to a year like 2007. This is why 10 stocks only will be selected.



For Scottrade I'm looking at the following sectors: retail, healthcare, mining, tech and a bank stock.

USAA will have a similar compilation as I feel these stocks will excel in 2008. Also as I expect volatility to remain, I will go for a few softer good stocks such as Pepsi, Coke, Proctor and Gamble or Altria.

A few stocks I am looking at for 08 are the following

Healthcare, biotech: DNA, CELG, RAD, UNH, HOLX, Medco Health.

Tech: RIMM, GLW, EMC, CY, GRMN

Retail: BBY, SHLD, JWN.

Mining: ACH, FCX, LMC, AUY

Bank and Investment: WB, BAC, GS, NLY.

I also pledge to be more active and post more often as I become more settled in my house. Best of luck for 08...

No comments: