Thursday, August 30, 2007

Long shot call

Ready for the next wave of solar? So far we have seen two peaks from most solar companies as they mostly move together. Well, I have found a good play and hopefully someone will take the bait. 07 OCT @ 20.00 for YGE...sell at .10 to .30 on Scottrade; however, where I seek to buy them at is on USAA (currently market has no sellers according to USAA). So why even buy these calls? First, it will cost a total of $20-$50, a small price to pay. I risk hardly anything and have a good chance to make some cash. I think this option trades at a DISCOUNT to TSL option. Even though YGE has never hit 20, I think with the solar momentum could push it over 20. Here is why...

Solar moves in groups, all following the same trend.
TSL share price cost three times more than YGE. Now some of that has to do with supply (more shares outstanding for YGE than TSL). However, YGE has outperformed TSL since YGE came public. If they follow the same trend, TSL OCT 07 @ 60 should be three times as much. However, THEY AREN'T! TSL is trading at 6 times the price. I have an order to buy two YGE calls OCT 07 @ 20.

No comments: